University of Minnesota

Urgent and Crisis Situations

If you are or someone you know is in a crisis and need immediate assistance:

In life threatening emergencies
Call 911

Boynton Urgent Mental Health Consultation
(612) 625-8475

University Counseling and Consulting Services — Walk-in Counselor
(612) 624-3323

International Student and Scholar Services

Aurora Center
For consultation, advocacy & education regarding sexual assault. relationship violence, and stalking.
24 hour help line: (612) 626-9111

When campus services are closed
You can call or be seen at a community crisis facility, such as:

  • Crisis Connection 1-HOPE—24-hour crisis phone line
    (612) 301-4673
  • Hennepin County Acute Psychiatric Services,
    701 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis 
    (612) 873-3161
  • Emergency Room at Fairview-University Medical Center, Riverside Campus,
    2450 Riverside Avenue (on the West Bank)
    (612) 672-6402 
*** Please Note: The Hennepin County Acute Psychiatric Services and Fairview-University Medical Center charge fees for their services. Clients who use these services in person may incur charges.

Twin Cities Campus: