In different cultures, ways of obtaining help when encountering challenging personal difficulties vary. In the U.S. people sometimes seek help though counseling. ISSS counselors are trained to help people work through personal difficulties. Because ISSS counselors have lived, worked, and studied in variety of countries, they are familiar with the stress and challenges associated with living in a different culture.
What can you expect from an ISSS Counselor?
- Listen and provide support
- Help you explore your concerns
- Possibly offer different perspectives on the situation
- Help you identify and explore your options
- Offer resources and referrals
You may arrange an appointment with an ISSS counselor by calling the front desk at 612-626-7100.